Best Boxing Gloves 2017
Finding the perfect boxing gloves depends on a lot of factors; mostly on price, quality and style.
I’ve scoured the internet to find 5 of the best deals on boxing gloves – selecting some of the best on the market, and some that are more appropriate to beginners or fighters on a budget.
So let’s get started.
Please Note: All prices are based on the 12oz size – prices on other sizes/colours may vary.
1.) Fairtex – BGV1 Boxing Gloves
If you’d like to invest in good quality boxing gloves that will last you a long time, these Fairtex gloves won’t let you down.
Recommended by a lot of coaches and professionals, you can be sure that you’re getting great quality.
- Constructed of premium leather with vectro straps and handmade in Thailand.
- Applicable for sparring– bag training and pad work
- Wrap-around hook & loop closures comfort and stabilize the wrists
- Service centers for return/exchange in U.S. and Thailand.
2.) Sanabul – Essential GEL Boxing Gloves
For beginners who are looking to buy their first pair of gloves, these Gel-Infused boxing gloves are durable, protective and great value-for-money.
- High quality and durable material is easier to clean and maintain.
- Gel infused foam provides superb protection and softness to help prevent injury to your hands.
- Constructed to fit the natural curvature of the hand for proper fist closure.
- Mesh palm helps keep hands cooler and increases breathability of the gloves.
- Secure velcro closure system ensures a secure fit for training.
3.) Hayabusa – T3 Boxing Gloves
From perhaps the best brand in MMA – the T3 Boxing Gloves by Hayabusa are handcrafted for the ultimate performance. Great for those seeking the ultimate comfort, protection and durability.
- Designed to deliver the best performance for bag work and sparring.
- 5 layer foam structure that doesn’t require break in.
- Best in class wrist support delivered by the 4 interlocking splints at the back of the hand.
- Hand crafted with top of the line engineered PU leather delivers superior crack, abrasion and tear resistance.
- Antimicrobial lining technology inhibits bacteria growth to minimize odor.
4.) Anthem Athletics – Stormbringer Boxing Gloves
Anthem Athletics have become known for creating great quality training equipment without fancy designs or fancy prices. These boxing gloves are up there with the best on the market for both performance and comfort.
- Made from premium buffalo leather, for better performance and durability to synthetic and standard leather gloves.
- Classic Muay Thai glove design, optimized for training, pad/bag-work, sparring, and competition.
- Triple density, high-performance PU foam for maximum impact absorption and protection.
- Additional padding for enhanced wrist protection and secure fit, moisture-wicking lining.
5.) Twins Special – Velcro Boxing Gloves
Twins Special are one of the most renowned brands in Thai Boxing – these high-grade boxing gloves are specially designed for ultimate comfort and support. If you’re looking for great gloves that will last a long time, these are a great pick.
- Handmade in Thailand using premium leather.
- Designed for maximum hand and wrist support with attached thumb design to prevent injuries.
- 8 and 10 oz gloves are designed for competition bouts or bag/pad work.
- 12, 14 and 16oz gloves are ideal for general training and sparring.
- With fully sublimated so they’ll never crack or fade.
6.) Winning – Boxing Training Gloves
The best quality boxing training gloves on the market!
Expertly designed for a tight fit with excellent wrist-support for superior comfort and safety. They are made using high-grade leather and padding, and you can be sure they will last and perform well for a long time.
To choose your perfect size click here.
- The gloves are made to the safest and highest quality in the industry.
- Worn and endorsed by many boxing champions throughout the world.
- Expertly manufactured by Winning in Japan.
7.) TITLE – Pro Style Leather Training Gloves
TITLE Boxing are a well-known boxing brand who make some of the best boxing gloves you can find for less than $50.
These are a great pair of starter gloves, made with real leather and multi-layer foam to ensure durability and great protection for heavy workouts.
- A top full grain leather shell for long-lasting durability.
- Multi-layer shock absorbing foams over the fist and back of hand offers great protection.
- Full wrap around twin-ply leather wrist strap with hook-and-loop closure to keep gloves secure.
- A satin nylon hand compartment and moisture wicking materials for comfort during hard training sessions.
8.) Venum – Elite Boxing Gloves
High-end boxing gloves by Venum – suitable for both experienced fighters and beginners who are willing to spend a bit extra for great quality.
Handmade in Thailand using 100% premium Skintex leather for great comfort, protection and durability.
- Specific mesh panel placed under the fist for a great thermal regulation
- Triple Density foam and a reinforced palm for a maximum shock absorption.
- Strengthened seams provide long-lasting quality, so you can fight harder, longer.
- 100% full attached thumb for a better injury prevention.
9.) Cleto Reyes – Hook & Loop Training Gloves
Cleto Reyes make some of the very best boxing gloves in the world – all handmade in Mexico using the best materials and expert craftsmanship.
If you want gloves that feel light and soft but punch hard – these could be the ones for you.
- Manufactured under strict quality control in goatskin leather with water-repellent lining to keep the hands dry and comfortable.
- With an attached thumb to help prevent eye and thumb injuries and 2 inches of latex foam padding to protect your fists.
- Feature a full hook & loop closure that allows you to take them on and off in seconds.
10.) RDX – Cow Hide Leather Boxing Gloves
RDX have made a name for themselves as one of the most reliable brands in MMA for quality products at great prices. These cow hide leather gloves are among their higher-end products, offering great quality and value for money.
- Made from 100% authentic full grain cowhide leather with reinforced stitching for quality.
- Layered with Shell-Shock gel infused Tetra-padding around the knuckles for max shock-absorption.
- Quick-EZ Velcro closure gives a comfortably snug fit and supports the wrists.
- Moisture wicking Nylon Mesh palm wicks away sweat and moisture, keeping hands odour free and fresh.
- Padded grip hose enables proper punching technique to avoid injury.
11.) Elite Sports – Gel Training Boxing Gloves
These gloves by Elite Sports are an excellent selection for beginners: great comfort, breathability and protection with a nice style and at a good price.
- With a pre-curved anatomic hand design for proper fist closure while training.
- Triple-density gel and impact foam will offer you the protection you need to train harder
- Made from durable maya hide leather – they are lightweight, comfortable, durable and easy to maintain.
- With a 3D cooling mesh and that allows your hands to stay cool & dry with proper airflow.
- Featuring antimicrobial & antifungal lining to avoid the build up of bacteria – preventing bad odor.
If you’re just getting started, you can check out this great post ‘How To Train For Boxing’ on wikihow.com.
View our full range of the best boxing gloves here.